Skilled Independent Subclass189 Visa

The Skilled Independent Subclass 189 visa is a permanent General Skilled Migration visa which does not require sponsorship by a State/Territory Government or relative in Australia


SkillSelect Only Application

If you have the required points for a skilled independent subclass 189 visa, you must lodge an expression of interest (EOI) through skill selection. If you meet all the requirements the Department of Immigrationinvite you to apply for the visa and you must lodge the visa within 60 days. You have to pay the government fees and upload all the required documents requested by the immigration

Visa Criteria

Toqualify for a Subclass 189visa, you would need to:

Location of the applicant while application

You can apply for this Subclass189 Skilled Independent visa from overseas or from inside of Australia. However, to apply from Australia you should have a substantive visa or a Bridging A, B, or C visa. Once you apply from within Australia, you would receive a bridging visa allowing you to remain in Australia during the processing of your visa application.

Beautiful diverse family

Including Family Members

You can include the following types of family members in your application:

  • Spouses, defacto partners, and same-sex partners
  • Dependent children

What can you do with this visa?

The visa is a permanent visa, allowing applicants to remain in Australia indefinitely with full work rights.

If you are outside Australia when the visa is granted, you and your family members will need to enter Australia for the first time prior to the expiry of your health and police clearances.

Maret Migrationhas significant expertise in handling general skilled visa applications, and can help youwith: